Do you need Wi-Fi access at home? We have Wi-Fi hubs that you can borrow using your library card.
Borrow Wi-Fi from GPPL with our Mobile Hotspot Collection: Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
Need a Wi-Fi connection at home or while on the go? You can place a request on a Mobile Hotspot in our Catalogue or find them in our Library of Things collection.
What to know before borrowing:
- Devices are due back on the 27th of each month. Effective September 30, 2022, devices not returned by the due date will incur late fees at $5.00 per day, up to a maximum of $50
- Devices cannot be returned through the book drops. Please hand them back to the staff at the Customer Services Desk.
- Usage is capped at 1 TB a month and the device will not work once the cap has been met for the month.
- Coverage is subject to Telus cellular restrictions. If you find you are having difficulty using the hotspot device, please feel free to make use of GPPL's free Wi-Fi on-site.
- Due to the nature of the technology, GPPL is unable to guarantee network security and/or privacy.
- GPPL is not legally responsible for the activity conducted on the hotspot devices. If illegal activity is detected and a warrant is issued by law enforcement, we may be obligated to provide your membership information.
The Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi project:
The Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi project is supported by the Government of Canada’s Emergency Support Fund and the Community Foundation of Northwestern Alberta. The project is also supported by TELUS to ensure that all residents of Grande Prairie and the surrounding area have the opportunity to discover online resources.
Thanks to ongoing donations and financial support, we've been able to continue this project. See Our Supporters for more.